We were gone for a few days and how our garden has grown!
The zucchinin is a foot taller, has more flowers and little baby fruit can be seen. The tomatoes are still happy and growing, though the ones closer to the sidewalk are much shorter - not sure what might be going on with the soil there. The potatoes really shot up and needed to have hills of soil piled around them. Only 3 or 4 of the pea plants grew - not sure what happened to the other seeds. Carrot seed are up but the ones in the front aren't doing as well. May need to reseed and add compost. The bean and onions also showed some growth. We have several ripe raspberries and the blueberries are close to ripening. The rhubarb is showing more growth, too.
We had a ton of weeding to do - I doubt I'll order from that place again. Too many weeds - including bindweed are sprouting. I think we've harvest at least 5 pounds in weeds so far.
Today I planted some mesclun mix, more peas, "gold mine" yellow beans and luffa.
With rain in the forecast every day this week, I praying it will continue to help our garden grow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment