We are at the cusp of a bountiful harvest season...
This week we got in our first cherry tomatoes. Sweet and juicy! It caught be by surprise as I was intending just to harvest some parsley, but then I caught a glimpse of red deep within the tomato plants and close to the ground. It took a moment to register that there were indeed tomatoes that were actually ready for the picking! So I went on a hunt and have continued to do so throughout the week.
Our zucchini's are crazy. I'm positive they grow from barely there to more than a foot in length overnight because I check them frequently.
We've had quite a few cucumbers as well with more on the way.
I just noticed yesterday that we have a number of borlottie beans - again a surprise because they blend in well with the foliage.
The loofah I planted is doing okay and I hope we get at least one from it before the cold hits.
The potatoes must be getting close to harvest time and the mesclun mix is ready for picking. Spinach is coming along nicely too.
Dave have yet to be successful in growing onions or peas - any tips?
The deer netting we put help has helped the pole beans to stage a comeback as well as the lamb's ear.
Praying for some rainy days to come as we've had a dry spell for a while.
Praising God for His amazing creation and His gift of 6 ft tall tomato plants!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment